The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham is dedicated to providing the highest quality emergency medical care to patients, to participate in the education of health professionals, and to promote the development of the specialty of emergency medicine and related disciplines through excellence in patient care, teaching, and research.
The Department of Emergency Medicine maintains an active NIH-funded clinical research program focused on acute resuscitation and systems of emergency care delivery. Our educational programs are designed to provide a challenging, hands-on patient care experience in both UAB Hospital and UAB Highlands emergency departments. With three different emergency departments, we are equipped to provide patients with a complete range of primary and specialty care services. Opportunity Highlights:
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Alabama (UAB) School of Medicine seeks MD/ DO for non-tenure earning open rank faculty positions.
UAB is an approved Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer.
- Full-time (1.00 FTE) opportunity with flexible scheduling and call schedule.
- Opportunity to work alongside and in collaboration with some of the most respected and recognized Emergency Medicine physicians in the country.
- Participate in academic efforts and teaching opportunities.
- Participate in research efforts.
- Full APP; clinical and non-clinical support team
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Health, retirement, and PTO benefits
Board certified / Board eligible in Emergency Medicine
Research and Academic Opportunities
- Prior completion of Emergency Medicine residency program
- Eligible for medical licensure in the state of Alabama
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a research university and academic health center that discovers, teaches, and applies knowledge for the intellectual, cultural, social, and economic benefit of Birmingham, the state, and beyond. UAB was ranked #1 in the United States, and in the top 10 worldwide , in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2018 Young University Rankings.
UAB Medicine is the third largest public academic medical center in the country, with more than 1,900 beds and almost 18,000 employees. We are the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the state of Alabama.