* Specialty: Urgent Care
* Subspecialty Interest: Family Medicine
* Schedule: 8a-8p Mon-Fri; 10a-4p Sat-Sun
* Call Schedule: n/a
* Practice Detail: Established practice providing acute/urgent care
* EMR System: Athena
* Facility: Ascension Medical Group Seton Express Care
* Location: Austin, TX
* Visa Eligibility: n/a
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Seton is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Family Medicine Physician for Ascension Medical Group Seton Express Care.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Seton to provide medical services to patients.
* Base compensation + RVU incentive
* Flexible Scheduling
* Strong clinical support from team nursing approach
* No Call
* Busy established Express Care the community knows and trusts
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
About Ascension Seton
* As a member of Ascension Seton, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
* We share best practices and knowledge across our smart network as a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country.
* Ascension Seton includes more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
* Dell Children's, part of Ascension Seton in Austin, TX is a world-class pediatric center with its own Level I trauma center and only Level IV NICU in Texas.
* It is the state capital and home to a major university as well as an influential center for politics, technology, music, film and food scene.
* Austin is known as the Live Music Capital World because on any given night, one can find over one hundred venues showcasing a wide variety of live music performances.
* Also known as one of the healthiest/ physically fit cities in America, you will see joggers, cyclists, and walkers committed to cardiovascular health on a daily basis.
* The many parks and lakes offer a multitude of outdoor activities, including swimming, hiking, paddle boarding and fishing.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Texas Medical Board.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) ) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations in Central Texas and four teaching hospitals, including Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.