It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital Worker Type:
Regular Job Highlights:
SLUCare Physician Group is the academic medical practice of SSM Health, is seeking Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) physician applicants for full time faculty positions in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine within the Department of Pediatrics at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital (CGCH). Applicants should: 1) be BE/BC in PEM, 2) have a commitment to excellence in patient care and medical education, and 3) meet requirements to obtain Missouri and Illinois licensure.
The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) has 11 faculty members and has primary responsibility for the care of patients at SSM Health CGCH Emergency Department. SSM Health CGCH is a 190-bed freestanding hospital and Level I Pediatric Trauma Center located in midtown Saint Louis that cares for over 50,000 patients per year. The hospital serves a diverse population from the inner city, the metropolitan area, and a 200-mile referral radius in Missouri and Illinois. The medical staff includes over 150 full-time Saint Louis University School of Medicine faculty. The PEM division provides 24/7 coverage for the emergency department and includes double and triple attending coverage during peak hours. The PEM division also has a fully accredited fellowship-training program with 6 fellows. Lower acuity patients are cared for by pediatric nurse practitioners that staff the department from 9 am to 1 am each day. Staffing is adjusted to average 2 new patient contacts per hour.
As employees of SLUCare, faculty members are given a very generous compensation package that includes matching retirement contributions and are eligible to receive free tuition at SLU as well as tuition exchange at other universities for dependents under the age of 25 years.
For further information, please submit inquiries and curriculum vitae to Dr. Trevor Tredway, Interim Director, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine ( email@example.com ) #J1No #H1BYes Job Summary:
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses. Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Physician - State of Work Location Work Shift:
Variable Shift (United States of America) Job Type:
9990490235 PDEM PD-Emergency Medicine (inactive) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status ,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more. (https://www.ssmhealth.com/privacy-notices-terms-of-use/non-discrimination?_ga=2.205881493.704955970.1667719643-240470506.1667719643)