* Specialty: Pulmonary/Critical Care (sleep opportunity)
* Schedule: Opportunity for mix of inpatient and pulmonary with sleep practice (if desired)
* Practice Detail: Ascension WI is looking for a 1.0 FTE Pulmonology & Critical Care Physician to join our elite team!
* EMR System: Epic
* Facility: St. Elizabeth Hospital
* Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
* Visa Eligibility: H1-B
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
* Join a well-established Practice
* Average ICU Census 5-6 patients
* Ideal work shifts for the hospital based critical care physician.
12 hour shifts: 7 days on and 7 days off
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
About Ascension NE Wisconsin - St. Elizabeth
* 350-beds with employed primary, specialty and subspecialty care clinicians
* New 90 bed hospital tower with much of the campus undergoing recent renovations
* Committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
* Strong 24/7 Hospitalist, Emergency Care and ICU services
* Certified stroke and chest pain center - Level III trauma center
About Fox Cities
* Wisconsin's Fox Cities are anchored by Neenah, Menasha, and Appleton - a unique mixture of urban style and small-town charm
* Ideally located in Northeastern Wisconsin, just 100 miles to Milwaukee, 30 miles to Green Bay, 200 miles to Chicago, and 100 miles to Madison
* Fox Cities Performing Arts Center offers Broadway shows and a plethora of entertainment varieties
* Convenient access to over 15,000 lakes and countless opportunities for leisure including sailing, skiing, golfing, fishing, biking, hiking, camping
* Patient draw area of 230,000
* Fast growing, safe, family-oriented community with a relatively low cost of living
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
? Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Licensure is dependent on state associate works in. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
? Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
? Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding careers to healthcare professionals since 1848. Operating 17 hospital campuses and over 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Appleton, you will find opportunities that allow you to create a career path you love, all while delivering compassionate, personalized care to the communities we serve.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.