* Specialty: Emergency Medicine
* Schedule: 36 - 40 hour work week, rotates
* Call Schedule: Call rotation (Only when APP is covering)
* Practice Detail: Critical Access hospital
* EMR System: Cerner
* Facility: Wamego Health Center
* Location: Wamego, Kansas
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Ascension Via Christi is looking for a BC/BE Emergency Medicine, Physician to join our Emergency Department at Wamego Health Center in Wamego, KS.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Via Christi Hospital-Manhattan and Wamego Health Center to provide medical services to patients.
* Join an established team of Emergency Medicine Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers.
* Exceptional leadership support provided as the Emergency Department works toward higher accreditations.
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
Why Join Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
* Largest multi-specialty group practice in Kansas including locations in Manhattan, Pittsburg, Wamego and Wichita
* More than 300 providers in 40 specialties providing mission-minded care for all
* Academic affiliation with the University of Kansas School of Medicine and sponsorship of 6 residency and 2 fellowship programs
* Family-focused suburban community with a small-town charm
* Conveniently-located 15 minutes west of Manhattan, Kansas, and approximately 1.5 hours from the Kansas City area
* Amenities include parks, great schools with a wide array of activities, affordable housing and solid economic base
* Located near Kansas State University and home to Highland Community College
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
? Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Requirement will be tracked by local Medical Staff office.
? Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Via Christi caregivers have been caring for and providing healing to Kansas communities for more than 135 years. As the largest healthcare provider in Kansas, we offer career opportunities across a number of hospitals, clinics, therapy centers and home health services.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.