The position is primarily a clinical position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment that includes physicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, clinical scientists and social workers. The position offers exposure to a mix of general and high acuity pediatric patients. The position also includes teaching and supervision of medical residents and provides opportunities to participate in research and publishing. Job Specific Duties
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME credits, NCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but not limited to: performing and recording history and physical examinations, recording and interpreting pertinent patient data, developing and documenting a treatment plan, writing routine orders for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations, performing patient/parent teaching, assisting with patient follow-up, performing appropriate screenings, administering medications as required, ordering and/or performing therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and Publishing.
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from an accredited medical school
- Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a commitment to academic pediatrics.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
PhysicianPrimary Location :
Florida-Homestead-Baptist HomesteadDepartment :
BAPTIST HOMESTEAD ED-3100-412670Job Status