Marin Community Clinics, founded in 1972, is today, a multi-clinic network with a wide array of integrated primary care, dental, behavioral, specialty and referral services. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide vital health services to almost 40,000 individuals annually in Marin County. The Clinics regularly receive national awards from the Health Resources and Services Administrations (HRSA). Our Mission is to promote health and wellness through excellent, compassionate care for all.
The Open Access Family Physician provides real-time, flexible, multi-modality care to patients with urgent needs. The core philosophy behind this role is to equip a medical provider with a more flexible, open-access schedule to address urgent needs as they arise in our patient population. This clinician will provide individualized care in the moment to address urgent concerns and bridge patients back to their primary care teams. This medical physician will manage patients’ acute and chronic conditions including any urgent social and behavioral health concerns. They will work closely in a collaborative team with medical assistants, nurses, behavioral health specialists, and other primary care providers to deliver patient-centered and culturally appropriate care to a diverse population. While they will not have a panel of their own patients, they will be providing critical continuity for our patients in their medical home and reducing emergency department utilization.
May be eligible for up to $100,000.00 hiring bonus
; prorated if working part time status. Unique Benefits of the Position:
- Flexible schedule M-F with option to work Saturday if desired; 32 hours per week (.8 FTE)
- Mixed schedule of tele-medicine and in person, with strong supportive team on site
- Ability to practice triage, urgent care, and primary care alongside experienced primary care providers
- 3110 Kerner Blvd., San Rafael California
- 1618 Second Street, San Rafael California
Covid-19 vaccination requirements:
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including "health-care" required boosters as a condition of employment, subject to limited exemptions. New employees are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted before the first day of employment. If you completed your primary series early boosters,but have not received the most recent booster,you will be required
to get the most recent booster and mask until completed if hired.
- Assists in triaging and delivering care remotely and in person, primarily at our San Rafael clinic site, and other sites as needed.
- Performs telemedicine, video and in person visits depending on the specific needs of the patient
- Provides triage, assessment and treatment to patients and communicates follow-up needs clearly with patient’s primary care providers.
- Cares for an average of 8-10 patients per four hour shift in a mix of modalities (tele, in person, video) on an open schedule utilizing OCHIN/EPIC EHR
- Counsels and educates patients in a culturally sensitive way on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Collaborates in a team-based healthcare model with physicians and other health professionals as needed, including providing referrals.
- Diagnoses, treats, and monitors acute as well as chronic diseases (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure), and communicates with the local emergency departments, hospitals and outside providers when appropriate
- Provides urgent well-child care, including screening and immunizations.
- Participates in quality activities as assigned by their clinical leadership.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid California License issued by the California Medical Board.
- Must possess a current medication-furnishing license issued by the California Board. .
- Not less than 3 years of clinical experience as a licensed physician. Will consider strong applicants who are recent residency graduates if they possess the necessary knowledge and abilities. Interest in both in urgent care and primary care a must, preference for experience in urgent care or emergency department.
- Current BLS certification.
- Basic electronic health record and computer skills required, EPIC experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural population from a variety of income levels, dedication to work in a team
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Hiring Bonus: May be eligible for $100,000 hiring bonus
when working full time status; prorated if working part time.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness
, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
MCC is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Min USD $220,000.00/Yr. Max USD $235,000.00/Yr.