- Specialty: BC/BE Pulmonology/Critical Care Physician
- Schedule: Rotating
- Practice Detail: Join Board Certified Pulmonology Physicians treating patients
- EMR System: Athena and Cerner
- Facility: Clay - Lung Insti
- Visa Eligibility:
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension St. Vincent's is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible, Pulmonology/Critical Care Physician for our Clay Lung Institute.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with AscensionSt. Vincent's to provide medical services to patients.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
About Ascension St. Vincent's Hospitals (Riverside, Southside, Clay, and St. Johns)
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside is a 528-bed hospital founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1916. It is part of St. Vincent's HealthCare and Ascension, the nation's largest Catholic and non-profit healthcare system.
- St. Vincent's Riverside is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando.
- St. Vincent's Southside is a 311-bed facility and joined the St. Vincent's HealthCare family in 2008.
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Clay County, a 134-bed hospital, opened its doors in 2013 and began an expansion that doubled its size by 2015.
- St. Vincent's St. John's is a 56-bed hospital and opened in 2022. Patients can expect excellent health care including emergency services, heart care, lab, and imaging.
About Middleburg, FL
- Middleburg is a suburb of Jacksonville, FL
- Jacksonville is a rapidly growing metropolitan area with approximately 950,000 residents, not including surrounding counties.
- Jacksonville sits on the beautiful St. Johns River in the city center with the Atlantic Ocean a short drive away.
- With over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, it boasts a mild climate, reasonable cost of living, professional sports teams, international airport, and a solid growing economy.
- The city is alive with diverse cultural experiences including distinctive museums, world-class tennis, and excellent golf courses.
- Florida has no state income tax.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent's is expanding in the fastest-growing county in Northeast Florida with the addition of a fourth regional hospital, Ascension St. Vincent's St. Johns County. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent's has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088EEOCKnowYourRights1020.pdf) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088EEOCKnowYourRightsSp1020.pdf) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20English ormattedESQA508c.pdf)
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.