Our team at Children's Mercy in Kansas City would like to discuss the possibility of you joining our pediatric emergency medicine team.
Children's Mercy Kansas City is an independent, non-profit, 390-bed pediatric health system, providing over half a million patient encounters annually for children nationwide. Children's Mercy is ranked by U.S. News & World Report in ten specialties and has been recognized as a top pediatric hospital for 11 consecutive years (U.S. News & World Report).
We offer a 100% pediatric practice and would like to speak with candidates looking for a clinical focus and interest in ultrasound, sedation, research, and education. The successful candidate will join a team of 90 pediatric emergency medicine specialists and surgeons, which includes 30 PEM faculty. Required Skillset:
Background in Ketamine, Fentanyl, Versed
Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine Opportunity Highlights:
- Practice flexibility to allow providers the opportunity to follow their passions.
- Get the support to advance your career, transform pediatric medicine, and make a difference in children's lives.
- Work at top-ranked Children's Mercy in the heart of Kansas City. A leader in children's health that engages in meaningful programs and partnerships throughout the region to improve children's lives beyond hospital walls.
- Level 1 Ped ED and level 1 Ped trauma centers that offer clinical care in our urban and suburban EDs, with 110,000 visits per year.
- We offer double night coverage and nurse practitioner and pediatrician coverage.
- Our support services include a critical care transport team, nurse practitioners, child life specialists, social workers, chaplains, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists.
- Work 14 8-hour shifts per month, with the option to use block schedules.
- Providers with academic interests will have at least 1.5 days allocated for academic time.
- Enjoy 30 days of vacation and 2 weeks for CME with a base set at the 70th Percentile AAAP and a $20,000 retention bonus in year 2.
- Visa candidates are welcome to apply.
Kansas City is a thriving cultural and economic city with over 2 million residents. The city's many attractions include world-class museums, a vibrant arts scene, professional sports, superb shopping, great jazz clubs, and the best places to enjoy a barbecue.
- Enjoy a low cost of living, little traffic, and a variety of excellent housing options depending on your lifestyle.
- Exceptional public and private schools plus local and nearby colleges and universities.
- Beautiful surrounding nature and plenty of outdoor activities-hiking, biking, camping, fishing, kayaking, and much more.
- Immediate access to ample amenities-incredible shopping and dining, thriving arts and culture, an international airport, and professional sports.
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.