Job DetailsNew Opportunity to join this stable ED team as we look to add staff for a NEW ED opening next year!
Join our fantastic ED team with this Physician opportunity at UK King’s Daughters Medical Center in Ashland, KY, where we just INCREASED the Day rate & added a NEW Night rate! This exciting opportunity offers Independent Contractor status (1099 position) with a $50,000 bonus
and a superb work/life balance with 10 shifts available per month. A NEW ED with 75 exam rooms is officially under construction and aiming for a Q4 opening in 2024 Position Profile
- 65,000 annual ED volume
- 52 beds (all private), with 49 main, 2 Trauma, & 1 Psych
- Additional 10 bed overflow unit
- 12 hour physician shifts
- Daily APP coverage
- EPIC EMR with Scribes
- Stroke Center with 24 hour stroke team
- 24 hour Cath Lab
- Physician Qualifications: Must be EM-trained & BC through ABEM/AOBEM
UK King's Daughters Health System is 455-bed regional referral center serving eastern Kentucky, southern Ohio and western West Virginia that offers cardiac, medical, surgical, pediatric, rehabilitative, psychiatric, cancer, neurological, pain care, wound care, and home care services.
Awards and recognition:
- Women's Choice Award Best Hospitals, Emergency Care
- Women's Choice Award Best Hospitals, Patient Safety
- A Grade from Leapfrog Agency for Hospital Safety
- Best Places to Work - Modern Healthcare
Ashland, Kentucky is the centerpiece of the metro triangle that borders the Ohio River and is the anchor for the tri-state area of Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. The tri-state offers a variety of outdoor recreation, natural beauty, art, entertainment and cultural events. Huntington, WV, which is just 15 miles southeast of Ashland, recently earned the title of America’s Best Community.
Benefits and Compensation
- Largest urban area of Eastern KY, with a population of more than 300,000 people
- Vital center for healthcare, commerce, & banking
- Nearby district of Huntington has been revitalized with restaurants, cafes, & shopping, and offers some of the best public & private schools
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most - caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here . We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.Recruiter Information