Mass General Brigham - Cooley Dickinson Hospital is seeking a full-time physician to join a team of energetic physicians who are providing 24/7 community-based care for an active service that treats 33,000 patients per year in Northampton, MA.
Our ideal candidate will be BC/BE in emergency medicine.
This is a fabulous opportunity to practice in a collegial, close-knit, and professionally supportive environment. Our 26- bed emergency department offers providers a supportive clinical and administrative infrastructure.
- Flexible Schedules - Full-time physicians work 1582 clinical hours/year, but many team members choose to work 1300-1400 hours/year for work/life balance
- Providers rotate schedules that include 7 am-3 pm, 12 pm – 10 pm, 3 pm – 12 am or 10 pm to 7 am.
- Special ED care area for Psychiatric emergencies which accounts for roughly 10 % of people who visit our ED each day.
- Stroke Program: We have been licensed as a Primary Stroke Center by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital has received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award.
- X-ray, imaging, and lab services are available in the ED.
- Electronic monitoring, bedside registration, state-of-the-art ultraviolet infection prevention, as well as electronic medical records help ensure safe and efficient care.
- For strokes and certain other neurological emergencies, our physicians can consult with experts in real-time through our TeleHealth program.
- Strong working relationships with hospitalists and specialists who provide consultations to the ED.