At Central Maine Healthcare, we are changing the face of healthcare in Maine by providing exceptional quality and accessible care to our patients; where they are and when they need it. We recognize the need to be where our patients are; closer to their communities and offering high quality care through innovative channels. To meet the unique needs of our patient population, we have implemented tele-health and opened Maine Urgent Care and Ambulatory surgical centers within our communities.
Our clinical affiliation with Mass General Hospital in Boston provides our community with the most innovative and current treatments available without having to leave Maine. As we continue to expand our services, one thing remains unchanged… our commitment to providing the best healthcare to the region’s residents. Our physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and staff are committed to providing patients with the quality medical care they deserve!
Central Maine Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Emergency Medicine Physician to join our democratic hospital-employed group!
• Central Maine Medical Center, located 30 miles north of Portland, Maine, is an accredited Level II trauma center, tertiary referral hospital, and base station for Life Flight of Maine.
• Our ED volume is 50,000 patients/year and our providers typically see 1.5-2.0 patients/hour with a 15-20% admission rate.
• The department boasts diverse pathology and has both fast track and observation areas with low patient waiting times and minimal ED boarding.
• We have excellent subspecialty support including a cardiac cath lab, in-house intensivists, adult and pediatric hospitalists and an EMR.
• As part of an integrated health system, our providers also staff 2 critical access rural EDs and 1 small community ED, each with a volume of 10-13,000 patients/year, allowing for a unique and diverse clinical practice setting.
Fulfill your calling at Central Maine Healthcare to help keep patients healthier and happier so they can enjoy more of what life has to offer.