Envision is currently searching for a BC/BE Emergency Medicine residency trained physician to join the team at Southern Ohio Medical Center in Portsmouth, Ohio. J-1 Visa accepted. Employed position with very generous hourly rate. Position Profile:
- 36,000 annual patient volume
- 33 private treatment rooms
- 5 bed triage area
- Physican Coverage: 30 hrs/day weekdays; 24 hrs/day weekends
- Advanced Practice Provider coverage: 30-40 hours daily
- Meditech Xpanse EMR
- W2 status with comprehensive benefits program
Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) is a 216-bed 501(C)(3) not-for-profit hospital in Portsmouth, Ohio, providing emergency and surgical care, as well as a wide range of other health-care services; SOMC has been in the community since 1954. It is the mission of SOMC to truly make a difference in the lives of patients, employees, and the surrounding community.
The operation of SOMC follows guidelines of The Joint Commission, the nation’s predominant standards-setting body in health care, and SOMC has received top honors from that organization for meeting standards. SOMC employs over 3,000 full and part-time employees, has a medical staff of more than 250 physicians and specialists,Community Information
The city of Portsmouth is approximately 80 miles south of Columbus and 110 miles east of Cincinnati, with easy access to major metropolitan areas in the Tri-State Region. Portsmouth is the county seat of Scioto County and is one of the most picturesque regions in the state surrounded by rolling hills, lush hardwood forests and scenic waterways. Friendly people, a low crime rate, a qualified workforce, great schools, beautiful surroundings and an affordable cost of living make Portsmouth a wonderful place to live.
Benefits and Compensation
- Located on the northern banks of the Ohio River
- Within 45 minutes of Marshall University
- One of the oldest shipping ports on the Ohio River
- Home to the Shawnee State Forest with abundant fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and more.
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most - caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here . We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.Recruiter Information