Samaritan Health Services in Oregon has an opportunity for a Senior Medical Director- Acute Care Service Line
Samaritan Medical Group is seeking a Senior Medical Director-Acute Care Service Line.
This position is full-time with .6 FTE in administration and .4 FTE in a clinical role.
- Serves as primary point of information and contact for SMG Administration for assigned group of departments and/or regions; to include all Samaritan sites and hospitals. Meets periodically with clinicians, practice managers and hospital leadership. Serves on quality and operations committees, as needed. Acts as a spokesperson and leader for SMG.
- In collaboration with the associate vice president dyad, assists in defining and implementing action plans for realization of SMG goals and strategy. Monitors performance dashboards for the department(s) and/or region(s) and works with the AVP to establish action plans for all areas noted to be deficient. Establishes goals for individual performance, and performance of the department/(s) and/or region.
- Leads the development and nurturing of relationships with referral MDs, hospital administrators and other sources within the department(s) and/or region. Manages the Medical Director(s) within scope of areas of responsibility. Responsible for financial performance of areas of oversight.
- In collaboration with the AVP, creates a culture of behavior within all SMG that embodies the PRIDE statements and SMG compact. Ensures all SMG processes focus on a positive customer experience. Ensures that the AVP, Directors and practice managers/practice leads quickly and assertively address and correct any situations that do not adhere to a customer service-oriented environment.
- Ensures all SMG clinicians and staff are educated on the results of patient, employee and clinician satisfaction surveys. Working with clinicians and practices, develops systems for SMG that actively promote patient satisfaction with SMG clinicians and staff. Monitors patient satisfaction for all SMG offices in the department(s) and/or region, working with the AVP to develop action plans as indicated.
- Unrestricted licensure or qualified to obtain licensure to practice medicine in the state of Oregon required.
- Board Certified in hospital medicine (emergency medicine, hospitalist, intensivist, anesthesia)
- Leadership experience (such as serving as a Medical Director or Practice Lead) required.
Why Join Samaritan?
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
The Clinic Administration teams at Samaritan Health Services are committed to providing leadership and operational support for our physicians, advanced practice clinicians and all other employees that deliver care in our clinic practices.