Envision Physician Services is seeking a skilled and dedicated Emergency Medicine Physician, must be board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine and EM residency trained, to join our collegial team, as an independent contractor, at Methodist ER Helotes Freestanding ED, an extension of the emergency department at Methodist Hospital Northeast in San Antonio, Texas.
Candidates must demonstrate:
• Strong communication skills,
• Expertise in the evaluation and management of acute medical emergencies
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
• Requirements-Must be BC/BE in EM (MD or DO) and EM residency trained
• 1099 position with a $30,000 start date bonus
• Annual Freestanding ED visits-20,000 with 10-15% pediatric cases
• Must have PALS certificationFacility Information
Methodist ER Helotes, a department of Northeast Methodist Hospital, serves the Helotes and surrounding area with -our state-of-the-art 24/7 freestanding emergency center.
• 12 all-private treatment rooms
• Onsite radiology: 64-slice CT scanner, dedicated x-ray suite, ultrasound and PACS system
• Full-service laboratory and telemetry
Helotes is a City in Bexar County, TX approximately 20 miles Northwest of downtown San Antonio.Community Information
San Antonio offers a European feel while nestled in the rolling Texas Hill countryside. Take advantage of the various housing options, low cost of living, no state income tax, progressive tort reform and a progressive multi-cultural community.Cultural Offerings
: Scenic Riverwalk; museums, art galleries, theater, festivals, night clubs, active music scene. professional sports, numerous colleges and universities, eclectic dinning distilleries, craft beer, world-class shopping, zoo and much more.Recreational Offerings
: Biking, Six Flags, wildlife ranches, natural bridge caverns, golf, rodeo, botanical gardens, waterparks, fishing, numerous parks and more.Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most - caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here . We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.Recruiter Information