Envision Physician Services has a need for Emergency Medicine physicians to join our team in the South Padre Island area. You can enjoy beach front living while working at this location! Ask about our Engagement Bonus.
**Attention to Residents Graduating in 2023/2024**
- Must be ABEM BC/BE Emergency Medicine
- 1099 Independent Contractor Status
- Up to 120 hours per month available
- Annual volume 45k with steady growth, 2.2. patients per hour
- 36 hours of physician coverage per day
- 36 hours of APP coverage
- 22 rooms
- Level III trauma center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Primary PCI
- 24 hours of Intensivist and Hospitalist coverage (who cover codes) - Also work for Envision
- Dedicated Women's Center with dedicated L&D ED
Envision is now accepting applications from physicians who are in their last year of residency and we're offering an Engagement Bonus! For more information please contact Steven Chudy at email@example.com and start earning while you complete your last year of residency! This offering is site and specialty specific. Please email us for more info.Facility Information
- Valley Regional Medical Center is a 215-bed facility
- Home to more than 200 physicians in 25 specialties
- Level III Trauma Center
- A leader in a vast array of high quality programs, including surgical robotics, advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, women's services, pediatric services, and neonatal intensive care.
- Nationally accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- The Woman's Pavilion specializes in obstetrics and neonatology and offers labor/delivery suites, newborn nurseries and cheerful, home-like birthing rooms
- Delivers more than 2,000 babies annually
- 10-bed NICU
The Brownsville metro area is home to half a million people, making it one of the state's top ten most populous areas. Brownsville is a vibrant, multi-cultural community with a surprisingly low cost of living. With a tropical climate and a quick 15-minute drive to South Padre Island, Texas' most desirable beach, Brownsville is a fantastic place to establish roots. The world-class art scene, with the Children's Museum of Brownsville and the Gladys Porter Zoo and a plethora of shopping to be had! Because of the tropical climate, Brownsville is an outdoor enthusiast's year-round paradise. Parades of birders 'flock' to the area to witness rare bird migration - the annual monarch migration is another sight to behold. The island wetlands are a refuge for a diversity of herons, seabirds, shorebirds, and waterfowl.
Live and work near an outdoor paradise in southern Texas! Brownsville's semi-tropical climate is recognized as one of the most delightful in the nation. The comfortable year-round climate provides for an abundance of recreational fun and activities. Residents regularly visit Matamoros and South Padre Island as both places are only minutes away. Brownsville's population is quickly approaching 200,000 and growing.
Live on the beach in South Padre a popular travel destination with white sandy beaches and year around recreational activities. The island wetlands are a refuge for a diversity of herons, seabirds, sandpipers, plovers, shorebirds, and waterfowl. Tour the tidal mudflats to get a glimpse of the migration of millions of birds and the alligator sanctuary. If fishing is your passion, with more than 600 different species that inhabit the coastal waters, anglers are sure to catch their trophy prize.
Experience SpaceX Island referred to as Starbase to get a glimpse of the future of space exploration and history being made in South Padre Island. The launch site is where some of the most advanced rockets are being tested. Checkout the testing of Starship at Boca Chica, the rocket designed for missions to Mars.
Whatever you interest, this area offers an abundance of year-round outdoor activities for the whole family.Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most - caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here . We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.Recruiter Information