Staffing the emergency department of McLaren Northern Michigan in Petoskey, MI., Full-time, 8 hour shifts on average, in-person, Staffing the emergency department of Owosso Memorial Hospital in Owosso, MI. Full-time, 8-10 hour shifts on average, in-person, and Staffing the emergency department of Corewell Health Hospital in Ludington, MI. Full-time, 8-10 hour shifts on average, in-person.
- Assess patients’ health and their demands, with aim to fulfill them as well as possible.
- Oversee patient care, treatment, and immediate recovery
- Monitor patients’ progress and keep records of treatment, procedures, or other medical events.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests, and explain the results to patients.
- Oversee APPs course of care for patients in the emergency department.
- Prepare patients for examinations and conduct routine procedures.
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for the patients.
- Comply strictly with medical care regulations, laws, and safety standards.
- Collaborate effectively with EM team members and various specialties.
- Michigan Medical License.
- Board Certification as an Emergency Medicine Physician.
- DEA licensure, ACLS certification, and PALS certification.
- Must be able to reliably commute/relocate to Petoskey, MI, Ludington, MI, and Owosso, MI.
- Initiative, confidence, and great communication skills.
- Desire to consistently learn and educate others.
- Strong desire to innovate and improve medical care.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving outlook with ability to multi-task.
Emergency Care Specialists (ECS) is an independent, democratic, and privately held (no outside investors/private equity), physician-owned organization that provides healthcare services and solutions within the Western Michigan area and beyond. We are expanding to meet the growing needs of our practice. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Emergency Department Physicians to join our team of professionals. ECS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our team is comprised of individuals that enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced ER providing efficient and quality care to patients with acute and chronic complaints. The successful candidate will be an independent thinker, self-confident, able to work well in a fast-paced environment and have excellent interpersonal skills. We pride ourselves with best in class quality services to our clients and patients, innovative medical programs, and numerous opportunities for leadership and development.
We are seeking fully degreed and accredited Emergency Physicians who are licensed to practice in the State of Michigan, DEA licensure, ACLS, and PALS certification. ECS offers a competitive compensation package (commensurate with experience), attractive benefits, and an opportunity to continue to learn and innovate every day.
- 401(k) + generous matching
- Profit share plan
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development assistance
- Signing bonus
- In-house medical scribe service available