Envision Physician Services is seeking a part-time Emergency Medicine Physician to join our ED team at South Shore Hospital in Chicago, IL.Emergency Department
- 12,000 annual ED patient visits
- 11 ED beds, 73 beds in hospital
- ACLS required for all providers
- Meditech EMR
- Independent Contractor Status
- 12-hour shifts (7A-7P, 7P-7A), single physician coverage
- Board Certification not required, but must have completed residency in EM or FM
- FM trained and/or boarded must have at least 3 years clinical experience in Emergency Medicine
- Stable, cohesive team of excellent physicians with 20+ years of longevity at South Shore Hospital
South Shore Hospital is a non-profit, acute care facility dedicated to providing the highest quality of healthcare to the surrounding community since its founding in 1912. The hospital’s reputation is based on the dedication of its physicians and caring professional and support staff. South Shore Hospital offers a full range of services to meet the primary healthcare needs of the community. This is a modern, accredited hospital where you will find excellent physicians, nurses and professional staff waiting to assist you.Community Information
Chicago is the third largest city in the US and has much to offer. Chicago is famed for its bold architecture and has a skyline bristling with skyscrapers such as the iconic John Hancock Center, sleek, 1,451-ft. Willis Tower and neo-Gothic Tribune Tower. Chicago is home to 237 square miles of land, an estimated 2,695,598 residents, dozens of cultural institutions, historical sites and museums, more than 200 theaters, nearly 200 art galleries, more than 7,300 restaurants, 26 miles of lakefront, and 552 parks. Surrounding the city is a vast network of suburbs that provide an excellent and peaceful environment for families to reside.Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most - caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here . We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.Recruiter Information