Job DetailsPosition Profile:
Envision Physician Services is seeking a skilled and dedicated Emergency Medicine Physician, must be board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine and EM residency trained, to join our collegial team, as an independent contractor, at Methodist Hospital Atascosa in Jourdanton, Texas.
Enjoy top-tier compensation at our physician-led practice is run by a seasoned medical director and offers a diverse case mix.
Candidates must demonstrate:
• Strong communication skills,
• Expertise in the Evaluation and management of acute medical emergencies
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sound judgment and decision-making skills.Requirements
: Must be BC/BE in EM (MD or DO) and EM residency trained
• 1099 position with a $30,000 start date bonus
• Annual ED visits-15,000
• 24 hours of physician coverage with 12 hours of advanced practice provider (APP) coverage
• Will provide EMS control-only EMS receiving facility in the countyFacility InformationFACILITY Profile
• 67-bed acute care hospital with Level IV Trauma designation and easy access to two Level 1 trauma centers
• Methodist AirCare operates out of this facility providing advanced medical care and rapid patient transportation to the South Texas community
• Provides a full scope of specialty services including: bariatric surgery, cardiology, emergency care, gastroenterology, imaging services, orthopedic care, PT and rehabilitation, surgery and urology.
• Accredited Chest Pain Center
• “B” grade in the Leapfrog Hospital patient safety grade assessmentCommunity InformationCOMMUNITY INFORMATION
Jourdanton is located 37 miles South of San Antonio TX. It features classic historic architecture, a museum, a farmers market and several dinning options. It offers a variety of housing options, including several large lots and homes with lots of acreage.
Recreational offerings including hiking, biking, horseback riding, ATV riding and boating, fishing at Bonita Lake and huntingBenefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.Company Information
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most - caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here . We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.Recruiter Information