The Department of Emergency Medicine at Charleston Area Medical Center is recruiting a pediatric emergency medicine physician to work at Women and Children’s Hospital located in Charleston, WV. This 120-bed dedicated Women and Children’s Hospital is a part of a large university-affiliated regional referral center with a drawing population of 562,000. We have in-house Neonatologist with 24/7 coverage in Level III NICU as well as a PICU with pediatric intensivists. Charleston Area Medical Center also sponsors an ACGME accredited emergency medicine residency program with 20 residents at present.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited university medical school
- Completion of an Emergency Medicine Residency and a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship or completion of a Pediatric Residency and a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Board Certification or Board Eligible (ABEM or AOBEM) in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospitalist privileges at Charleston Area Medical Center
- Eligibility for a West Virginia Medical License
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation
- Affordable community
- Extraordinary family environment
- Unsurpassed recreational activities
- Outstanding school systems
About Charleston, West Virginia
Charleston is the state capital and largest city in the state. We are proud of our diverse population, amazing outdoor activities, and excellent schools. We are centrally located to numerous major metropolitan areas in North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, DC, and Yeager International Airport is just 5 miles from the hospital. In addition, Charleston offers a Downtown district filled with eclectic galleries, chic boutiques, and unique restaurants. The area boasts a vibrant academic and professional community that offers a balanced professional career and a fulfilling personal lifestyle. Come see what our community can offer you!