UMass Memorial - Chief, Pediatric Emergency Medicine - Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and its clinical partner, UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center, seek a board-certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine Specialist for an exciting leadership opportunity as Chief, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. The University of Massachusetts Medical School is consistently ranked one of the top ten primary care teaching programs nationally and is committed to major expansions in many areas of basic and clinical research as well as valuing promotion of clinical excellence.
The recently renovated Pediatric Emergency Department includes a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and provides comprehensive emergency services to >1 million in Central New England with ~ 28,000 visits per year. Residents from the Departments of Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, Medicine/Pediatrics, and Family Medicine, as well as UMMS medical students all rotate through the Pediatric Emergency Department. And we welcomed our first fellow this year! The UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center, a member of the Children’s Hospital Association, is the only tertiary care hospital for children in central MA and offers comprehensive Pediatric services.
- The Chief, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine will serve as the academic leader for a division of ten Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians and will be responsible for overall governance of the Pediatric Emergency Department at UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center in partnership with the PEM Nurse Manager and Clinical Division Chief.
- The UMass Department of Pediatrics is a growing, vibrant setting for professional and research development, and the Chief will play an instrumental role in developing and expanding our educational and research missions.
- Applicants will be considered for appointment at the Associate or Professor level with a secondary appointment in Emergency Medicine.
- Candidates must be Board Certified with a minimum of 3-5 years' leadership experience in an academic Pediatric Emergency Department.
- The position can be tailored to meet the needs of the applicant, including resources to support a laboratory and/or clinical research program.
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Known as "Heart of the Commonwealth", Worcester is the second-most populous city in New England after Boston. Locals and visitors alike enjoy the Worcester Art Museum, EcoTarium, and two historical theaters - Mechanics Hall and Hanover Theater. A center of higher education, Worcester is home to eight separate colleges and universities.
Apply for UMass Memorial - Chief, Pediatric Emergency Medicine - Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly