EM Physician - Employed - Level 2 Trauma - Full Benefits - 12 12-hr shifts/mo
ABEM Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians sought for our growing team in Peoria, IL.
This is a full-time hospital-employed position with flexible scheduling: part time and nocturnist opportunities available. Our Level II Trauma Center at Methodist Medical Center serves the Peoria, IL community, a metro area with 350,000 in population. This busy 329-bed tertiary medical center has a 24-7 Adult Hospitalist program and a robust behavioral health service including a Psychiatry Residency program in house. We have a fully integrated system with clinics and hospitals on EPIC EMR to improve care coordination.
- Twelve 12-hour shifts per month (1728 hours per year) is considered full time
- Comfortable in a fast-paced Level II Trauma Center with annual visit volume = 36,000
- Patient-focused, friendly and willing to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to work as a team member to improve the health of the people and communities we serve
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- MD or DO
- ABEM Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine required
- Ability to obtain and hold an unrestricted license to practice in the state of Illinois
- Hold current and unrestricted state and federal authority to prescribe and administer medications as necessary or appropriate to the physician’s field of practice
- Eligible to work in the United States - employer sponsorship (H1-B) available
- A competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what stage of life you are in. (Available to all Physicians who work at least 5 shifts per month)
- CME allowance, malpractice and tail insurance coverage, retirement contributions
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, including a free third-party service for loan restructuring and consolidation.
- H1-B sponsorship available (cap exempt) – no J-1 Waivers
- A commitment to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Community Details – Peoria, Illinois
Located on the banks of the Illinois River, Peoria is a bustling but affordable urban center with all the historic landmarks and architecture you’d expect out of Illinois’ oldest settlement. Peoria offers all the advantages of its urban center combined with suburban or rural properties just a short commute away from our hospitals and clinics: a perfect mix!