Physician/Attending - PEM Fellowship Trained Emergency Medicine
Physician/Attending - PEM Fellowship Trained Emergency Medicine (Full Time)
NCPS-EMERGENCY ROOM PHYSICIANS
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Requisition ID 20671
The position is primarily a clinical position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment that includes physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical scientists and social workers. The position offers a mix of general and high acuity pediatric patients in outpatient and inpatient settings. The position also includes teaching and supervision of medical residents and provides opportunities to participate in research and publishing.
- Board certified or eligible in the appropriate subspecialty(ies).
- Current BCLS-CPR card.
- Florida medical license, DEA.
- MD or DO degree from accredited medical school.
- Meets MCH medical staff credentialing requirements.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME credits, MCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but not limited to: Performing and recording history and physical examinations, Recording and interpreting pertinent patient data, Developing and documenting a treatment plan, Writing routine orders for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations, Performing patient/parent teaching, Assisting with patient follow-up, Performing appropriate screenings, Administering medications as required, Ordering and/or performing therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and Publishing.
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a commitment to academic pediatrics.
Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Requires the ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care, the ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.