Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,947 beds and more than 300 outpatient sites with nearly 2,000 physicians, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually in its 21-county market area that covers 50% of South Carolina. Prisma Health’s goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.
Prisma Health is inspired to help people live their healthiest lives. As the most comprehensive integrated healthcare system in South Carolina, we’re on a journey to transform the healthcare experience for our patients and their families. That’s why our team members are dedicated to living our purpose Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Previously Prisma Health had three hospitals that are being recognized two years in a row to Newsweek’s list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals, receiving recognition in 2020 and 2021. Those facilities were Greenville Memorial, Oconee Memorial Hospital and Laurens County Hospital.
Did you know?
- 45% of South Carolina’s population is within 15 minutes of a Prisma Health facility.
- We are one of just 120 academic health centers in the country.
- Our UofSC School of Medicine in Greenville has been named an Apple Distinguished School for its innovative implementation of Apple technology.
- 70% of our postgraduate residents stay in South Carolina to practice medicine.
- Prisma Health has 750 employee health business partners to help promote workforce wellness at area businesses.
- 24% of the babies born in the state are delivered at Prisma Health.
- We house two Level I Trauma Centers and two Comprehensive Stroke Centers.
- Prisma Health has the Midland’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Our Midland’s Chest Pain Center has received full accreditation from the American College of Cardiology.